Permaculture Association Annual General (Tree Planting) Meeting
In association with WWOOF UK
November 16 2019, Woodhouse Community Centre, Leeds, LS6 2NY
10.30am - 5pm
This year's Permaculture Association AG(TP)M is being run in partnership with WWOOF UK (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms).
The event will feature a range of workshops, a visit to a local project - Bedford Fields community forest garden - and the opportunity to plant some trees, hopefully. You can find the full programme for the day here.
Plant a tree and celebrate with us!
We'll be celebrating our members and their own activities in this field - be that planting a single tree or a whole forest. Regardless of whether you can join us in Leeds, why not plant a tree (or more) wherever you are this weekend?
WWOOF UK has invited speakers from two of their local projects based in Todmorden - Incredible Farm (which embraces permaculture in its growing methods) and Warland Farm, which both have inspiring stories to tell.
- David Templeman of Warland Farm will be discussing building a community based upon woodland.
- Nick Green of Incredible Farm will be discussing the role of grazing animals in woodland. Incredible Farm is also a Permaculture Association LAND Centre.
- Chris Warburton-Brown of the Permaculture Association will be talking about 'the power of planting trees' and how trees are utterly awesome. They are beautiful, majestic, productive and the solution to multiple environmental problems. Find out why trees are so important, and get inspired to plant some. Chris will also be celebrating the tree planting of our members.
- WWOOF-UK will be sharing stories of their members' tree-planting activities
- Pete Tatham of Hyde Park Source, a local project, will be talking about their work improving the environment of Leeds through community gardening, outdoor education and Design & Build projects
- There will also be a diploma presentation session from Carla Moss
- WWOOF-UK will be hosting a swaps table in the reception area. Please bring along any surplus items you have for this - fruit, veg, clothing, books, etc. The only catch is that we ask that you take away at the end of the day anything that doesn't go to a new home!
- The day will end with a visit to Bedford Fields community forest garden to explore and plant trees, before returning back to Woodhouse Community Centre for tea and cake!
Tickets include a delicious lunch provided by Rocket Catering, who many of you will know well from our national convergences over the years.
- Unwaged £10.00
- Low wage £15.00
- Mid wage £20.00
- High wage £25.00
- AGM Only - No food or workshops £0.00
Interested? Book your ticket now. Limited availability.